Basil Read Phase 2 part of the Basil Read Campus precinct in Boksburg.
All of the Basil Read Campus was designed to conform to the new laws of reducing the carbon footprint.
The following methods were implemented to reduce the Carbon Footprint:
- Lighting: Light sensors were installed so that lights in sporadically used spaces turn off automatically when not in use, and replace low efficiency lighting with higher efficiency fluorescents
- HVAC System: Heating & Cooling Systems to go on during pre-determined hours; the system to run hotter or cooler in off-hours.
- Reduce, Reuse, Re-cycle: Reduce pollution and greenhouse gas emissions from resource extraction, manufacturing and disposal.
- Provision for bins for recycling paper, bottles, cans and cardboard were made.
- Solar Panels: Introduction of solar panels on the roof of the building.
- Flooring alternatives: Floorworx, Marmoleum was also introduced in the canteen area.
- Complete recycling of industrial waste.
As Interior Designers at LYT, we need to make sure employees have enough “personal space” to enable them to fulfil their role to their maximum ability.
A further contribution to the happiness of an employee would be to cater for various other elements that would in the past, not have been considered.